Join an ACLU Student Alliance in Wisconsin
ACLU Student Alliances (ACLUSA) are high school, college or law school clubs that promote civil liberties on their campus. The ACLU of Wisconsin Foundation works with students who want to form clubs in the name of the ACLU or in coalition with other civil rights and human rights organizations. We provide leadership development, updates on current ACLU issues, and education on how the Constitution protects all people.
ACLUSAs have organized Know Your Rights workshops, sponsored Banned Books Week events, hosted civil liberties themed film screenings and volunteered to register voters. Just as the ACLU works every day to protect our rights, student ACLU members understand that young people are the next generation of vigilant defenders of liberty.
The College Student Alliances all have an established leadership structure, connect with one another, and work with state staff. All have hosted public events and training opportunities. Student Alliances are all on-campus groups recognized by their respective campus as an official club or group.
- ACLU Student Alliance at UW-Green Bay
- ACLU Student Alliance at UW-Milwaukee
- ACLU Student Alliance at UW-Madison
- ACLU Student Alliance at Lawrence University (AC[LU]²)
- ACLU Student Alliance at Alverno College
While the ACLU state staff provides workshops for youth at many other community organizations, nonprofits, and high schools, below are our established student alliances. They all meet after school. There is weekly staff involvement with the Milwaukee groups, funded through the Public Art Student Alliance (PASA) program.
- ACLU Student Alliance at Rufus King (Milwaukee)
- ACLU Student Alliance at COA on Garfield Ave. (at their CLC in Milwaukee)
- ACLU Student Alliance at North Division High School (at their Boys & Girls club in Milwaukee)
- ACLU Student Alliance at Alliance High School (Milwaukee)
- ACLU Student Alliance at Madison East (Madison)
- ACLU Student Alliance at True Skool (Milwaukee)
If you are interested in starting a student alliance at your college or high school, please email us or call our Youth and Programs Department at 414-272-4032 x 223.